The desired result from acupuncture depends on different things which include choosing the right acupuncturist. Unlike the common perception of many, this therapy is more than just poking needles in the body. Acupuncture is a holistic view of health which helps treat the mind, body, spirit, and emotion. Once this treatment is combined with good life choices, it increases happiness and overall wellness.
Before you get an acupuncturist, it is very essential that you ask about the training and certification he has. The insurance and fees come next. A good one is good in communication, both verbal and nonverbal. Below are the different qualities that you should look for an acupuncturist.
1. Look for someone who practice deep listening- A good acupuncturist treats you individually according to your particular needs. With the use of acupuncture method, he helps you gain your optimum health. Aside from the knowledge, clinical skill, one must have a caring heart and establish a good relationship with you. In addition, your acupuncturist must practice deep listening in order to fully understand your present situation. With this, he will be able to determine the best method to use.
2. A good acupuncturist much communicate in a clear and concise manner- Just like you want a well-mannered family doctor, you will also want the same with your acupuncturist. A good one must take time to carefully listen to what bothers you. After listening to what you have to say, the acupuncturist determines which treatment will work best for you. Before starting the treatment, the professional will discuss to you possible discomfort and how long the treatment will go.
3. They practice both alternative and Western medicine. The Eastern people recognizes acupuncture as valid medical treatment. However, the Western culture practices the different way. But, a good acupuncturist does treatments using traditional medical practices in order to address the particular issue of a patient.
4. Expertise and experience of the acupuncturist must be determined. When we say experience and expertise, this refers to more than just memorizing medical textbook. This would mean that a good acupuncturist mush have vast knowledge, real life experiences, and time management. There are some professionals who are generalists which mean they can give treatment to different ailments. However, others specialize in certain medical treatment.
5. Find an acupuncturist who asks questions. Once a patient visits an acupuncturist, he will focus on the symptoms experienced. In order to know what is really happening in your body, the professional must ask you certain questions. By doing so, he will be able to determine the root of your problem. Then, the right treatment program can be designed.
6. The office of the acupuncturist must be comfortable. The last thing that you have to consider is the comfort level the clinic can offer to you. When the office does not make you comfortable, then that can affect your body’s energy flow. So, make sure to find a place where you feel safe and peaceful.
Follow these things in order to find an acupuncturist that is right for you and your needs.